Monday, June 15, 2009

Day One

First, 13yodd is very hard to read. She doesn't feel well much of the time, so it is difficult to tell if she feels stressed by school work or if she feels off balance, nauseous, etc. Today was one of those days.

I had her read through the reading assignments, overview, and student activity pages for rhetoric. I think the student activity pages may have stressed her, but it was hard to tell. Once she had read through the weekly planning pages, I tried to do a planning session with her. She felt so poorly that I don't think she cared one way or another. She just wanted to be done, so she could go back to her bed.

I'm really doubting myself here. I'm not doubting TOG, I think it has great potential. What I'm worrying about is if I'm asking too much of dd at this time. Add to that BJU Biology. We probably should have eased into these programs separately...one in the summer and then one in the autumn.

My shipment from Lampstand Press hasn't arrived yet, so it's been a little hard to plan. We don't have Writing Aids or Map Aids.

Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment