Monday, February 1, 2010

Who is the problem?

Hard to admit but true.  If school ain't happening it's mama's fault.  If I don't have it together, of course my kids are going to quietly slink off and find something else to do.  They are children.

This weekend I planned school for the week and today I attempted to stick to the plan.  Result? 
  • 7yo - whining.  
  • 11yo wailing and gnashing of teeth.  
  • 14yo - rebelled by ignoring most of the list and played RuneScape instead of doing school work.
 The 14yo almost sent me over the edge into an emotional rant.  This is my child who is compliant for the most part.  In other words, she learned long ago to fly under the radar which has allowed her to do what she wants.  I bit my tongue and put myself in time out.  

I feel calmer and ready to jump in the trenches again tomorrow.  I expect more whining, wailing, gnashing of teeth, and rebellious attitudes.  And if I get better behavior?  I'll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment