Thursday, May 26, 2011

Push the reset button


My oldest child and her family have been living in the other half of our duplex for a couple of months.  When they first arrived I tried to continue homeschooling but there were too many interruptions.  I lowered my expectations for what we could accomplish but I kept trying to do a little something.  Halfway into their stay, my daughter gave birth to baby #3 (3 babies in 3 1/2 years).  All efforts to homeschool ceased as we attempted to help with the little people.

We're trying to get back in the groove this week and guess who is the problem? ME!  I feel agitated.  And, it isn't helping that my right hip and ankle are annoying me.  Apparently those body parts don't like homeschooling on my bed anymore.  I also haven't had much patience with my younger two.  Their math brains apparently turned to mush during this break.

I would like to pat 15yo on the back.  She has been consistently studying for the GED.  Self-motivation...I love it. : )

1 comment:

  1. We are preparing a seminar Power Point presentation for an insurance conference, the PLRB Claims Conference in Orlando, Florida, and came across the above finger-pushing-button on Google Images. It is the perfect image for a talk about disputes between condo owners and homeowner’s associations regarding condominium insurance.

    May we have your permission to use it in my Power Point presentation? It will not be on the handouts, just for use on the overhead. We need to make a dreary talk a little more fun!

    ReplyDelete