Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day was...um....disjointed but good.

I don't know why, but I decided to start school today.  I wasn't prepared.  Hubby was home sick.  Regardless, it was a good day.  We didn't accomplish much, but it was still a good day.  The girls balked a little.  The balking was expected.  The "little" amount was a good thing.

This afternoon I bought Halloween stickers to encourage 9yo to use Miracle Music in the morning.  She colored a page showing the basic parts of a plant.  I know, I know.  It was way beneath her ability, but she enjoyed it.  We did two lessons in 100 EZ Lessons (79 & 80).  Gosh, I can't believe we are reaching the end of the book.

16yo and I were up early this morning to get our bodies ready for seminary (5:45am for me and 6am for her).  Hopefully Thursday morning won't hurt so bad.

13yo started her daily checklist (handwriting - The  Living Christ, chanting Latin, typing, etc.).  I read about the beginnings of the Byzantium empire to both her and 16yo.  Together they chose to watch a Teaching Company lecture on Shakespeare.

A relaxed start : )

No comments:

Post a Comment