Saturday, October 13, 2012

October 7 - 13

The dentist told me a few years ago that I had a cracked tooth and that it would eventually break.  Well, this was the week.  Last Saturday a small corner broke off and then Monday a larger piece fell out.  Thankfully I wasn't in pain.  Wednesday morning I went to the dentist.  From what I can tell, he ground off a big portion of the half of tooth that was still there.  I now have a temporary aluminum crown and will have a new gold crown in about a week.  Thank goodness for dentists and modern dentistry!



Before I went to the dentist Wednesday morning I had the "privilege" of attending early morning seminary on behalf of my 17yo.  My husband attended class for our 14yo.  I usually wait for my girls in the parking lot while they attend seminary, but this gave me an idea of what my girls experience.  I got to hear about the goals the teachers have for the senior class, and the parents got to share what we would like to see our kids get out of seminary.


My big focus this week has been helping 14yo read through her Biology text and come up with ways to study the information so it will stick.  I'm totally enjoying it, but this is a big change for 14yo.  There is so much new vocabulary.  Learning how to pronounce the words is a feat and then she has to learn what the words mean.  It is going to be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment