Sunday, July 28, 2013

Road Trip

Recovering from a car trip across the United States with my sister and 11yo!  Took the southern route from west coast to east coast (OR, ID, UT, AZ, NM (Carlsbad Caverns), TX, LA, MS, AL, and finally FL).  Spent a week in North Carolina visiting family and looking over my parents' property which is for sale.  Spent another few weeks hanging out in Florida with my brother's family and my parents.  As much as I love my family the chiggers and mosquitoes convinced me that my body is better off in the west.

On the drive back we hit GA and NC again on our quest to learn more about our ancestors (Smiths and Redmonds).  We drove through TN, KY, MO, IA, NE, WY, UT, and ID.  Spent a week in Idaho with my sister's family.  After six weeks away from home it has taken almost a week to feel "at home" in my own house.

We saw some amazing scenery but I have to say that northeast Georgia has to be one of my favorite places.   Maybe it's in my blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment