Monday, December 9, 2013

Detour Over & Delivery

I haven't given up on clearing out some books, but I have realized (again) that it takes much longer to read through books than you would think.  I got antsy because it felt like we were falling behind in school.  Today I tried to get back to normal even though all the family was home again (snow hasn't melted off and schools have closed).

Books and curriculum we are working on for the donation pile:
Prima Latina (lesson 5/25)
Key to Fractions book #3
R&S 5 History/Geography: Homelands of North America
Peter and the Starcatchers

Today I received the first box of my Memoria Press curriculum for next year.   



The box was in pretty bad shape.  It looked as if one side was almost completely ripped off at some point in the journey here.  Someone did a very good job of putting it back together with lots of packing tape.  The books inside were in good shape (the usual slightly bent corners) despite the beating the box had taken.  There wasn't a packing slip, so I have no way of knowing if anything was lost.  Out of seven sets of books only two were complete.

 But I have to say seeing the box in such bad shape has me quite worried about the second box.   If I've calculated correctly it will be even heavier than the one that arrived today.  They both arrived in Federal Way, WA the same day and yet the other box isn't due to arrive here for another couple of days.  My guess is it might have been damaged also and required greater "surgery" to get it back together.  I should stop guessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment