Thursday, February 27, 2014

February

February is one of those months homeschool teachers dread.  On the message board I frequent, there are more "I quit!" threads in February than any other month.  We joke about it.  We support and encourage each other.  And, we hope that it won't happen to us this year.

I almost made it through February.  Almost.

Yesterday I had a royal melt down.  11yo's "master of avoidance" tactics finally sent me over the edge.  Seriously, child.  Let's get school done so we can both move on to some other activity!

Today was better though the math lesson was even longer than usual.  I tried to be patient and 11yo tried not to do anything to set me off again.  During one particular part of the lesson she was having a hard time focusing.  She knew she was drifting into La-La Land.  I was proud of her for not only recognizing it was happening but for pushing her way through the fog.  She was determined and it paid off!  Her speed increased and she answered more confidently.

I hope this is my one-and-only meltdown this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment