Friday, March 21, 2014

March 21, 2014

My birthday week!   The usual.  Monday was productive and then the week went downhill.  BUT, that's okay.  It was expected.

For 10+ years we had a Borders Bookstore in town.  I was there at least once a week.  I loved it.  I was seriously in mourning the first couple of years after they closed.  There are a couple of used bookstores in town and one small independent store.  Honestly?  I miss having a "mega" bookstore full of new books and trendy items.

So ... for my 50th birthday I drove over an hour to go to the nearest mega bookstore, Barnes & Noble.  It was wonderful.  I was only able to stay an hour-and-a-half but it was worth the drive.  Even if I hate driving in the "big" city, the drive there was beautiful: sunshine, lush green grass, daffodils, and sheep.  The most beautiful stretch of interstate you'll find.

As much as I loved the experience I tried not to buy too much. : )  It was so hard!

My favorite so far?  I am a visual person and I believe this timeline book will help us see the big picture when it comes to world history.


Sayings:
One picture is worth a thousand words.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
RSVP

Latin - exercise 9.2, Coriolanus: Hero or Traitor?
Math 5 - (119/170) five lessons focusing on multiplying and dividing by fractions
English 5 - (28/119) developing paragraphs using examples, plural nouns, possessive nouns, appositives, nouns of direct address

World History - Minoan civilization on Crete (several  Usborne books and Story of the World), started reading about prehistory in History Year by Year.
American History - Bartolome de Las Casas, more about the Spanish Inquisition.
Science - 41 Pitch and Volume, 42 Ears

Next week is spring break.  My goal is to continue math and English grammar lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment