Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 27, 2014

Monday my 19 year old daughter had her four wisdom teeth extracted.  She didn't require much care, but 12yo and I still didn't get much school done.

Sometimes I wonder about my sanity.  I've been frustrated over our inability to get to all subjects, so what did I do?  I added another study - The Hobbit.  The third and final movie will hit theaters December 17, and I have decided we should try and read it before then.  I have no idea how we'll find time for it.


Math
Key to Measurement booklet #2 - linear measurements.

Latin
Latin adjectives - singular and plural

Grammar
Word order in sentences.
Unity and coherence in a paragraph.
Chapter review

Spelling
WOR and WR
Silent final "e" rules (English words do not end in U or V.  Soft "c" and "g.")
Adding sufffixes
Indirect objects

Literature
cont'd Tales From the Odyssey

Geography
Saudi Arabia (MP)
Exploring Countries: Saudi Arabia



Holy Places: Mecca (Mandy Ross)


World History
29-30 History of the World (farming, first cities)
World History Detective - Mesolithic and Neolithic Stone Age

Christian Studies
8 David and Goliath

Core Knowledge
cont'd reading stories in the literature section 

No comments:

Post a Comment