Saturday, March 21, 2015

March 21, 2015 Saturday

We are finished with R&S Math 6.  I can't even begin to express how relieved I feel at the moment.  As soon as we finished the last planned lesson and I copied the review lessons, I bagged up the books (student and two teacher manuals) and sent them to a friend's house.  It seemed like I couldn't get them out of the house fast enough.  Having them gone meant spring break had officially started.

Where to next?  We'll be starting R&S Math 7 once spring break is over.

I've had a really hard time with school this spring.  Mainly I think it has to do with being a perimenopausal woman.  I can't say I'm depressed or that I feel bad, but I can't see to find the oomph to stay motivated on a daily basis.

Unfortunately, things are about to get a bit more frustrating.  Oldest at home chose to take a college class that would require her to drive a car rather than use public transportation.  [I'm going to insert here that I was adamantly against this from the beginning]  And, she can't drive without a license.  She just finished her driver's ed class but didn't realize that scheduling a driver's test would be so ... what do I even want to say here ... she is learning what it is like to deal with the government.  She couldn't get an appointment for a month.  So, it looks like I might need to ride with her during the first 1/2 of the term and I'll be dragging 13yo with us, so we can work on school.   I feel tired already.

No comments:

Post a Comment