Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It has been a week

I had my cat euthanized last Wednesday.  I sobbed all day that day.  My guess is that the stress of that day did a number on me.  My head felt weird and I was very tired on Friday and Saturday.  I slept quite a bit those days because I also had a hard time thinking clearly.  Reading was out of the question, so I slept.  My head is back to normal, but now I don't have any desire to do anything.  My daughter's 16th birthday was this past Monday.  I thought I was fine until after dinner was over and everyone was gone.  I started feeling anxious.  I couldn't understand how that could happen after the party.  I felt anxious the next morning too before we went to a doctor's appointment.  I've been wondering if being forced to make a life and death decision about my cat sent me into a slight depression.  We had him for almost 14 years and he annoyed the heck out of me.  But gosh!  I miss that cat!  I'm pretty sure I would feel a lot better if he were sitting in my lap right now begging for a scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment