Friday, August 12, 2011

Files vs. Notebook

I noticed last year on the message board I haunt that many moms jumped on the filing bandwagon.  The way I understand it - you assemble all worksheets into 36 file folders.  If you are in your 12th week of school, you pull out the worksheets in folder #12 and do them.  It helps you stay on track. 

But, life happens and sometimes we get off track in one subject or another.  Then what?  You would need to refile all of the worksheets for that subject or skip some to catch up.  Some moms/dads came up with the idea that you could instead put the worksheets into one notebook by subject and take out what you need as the year progresses.  All your worksheets are together and ready to be used but it allows for a little extra flexibility.

I know me.  Filing would fail me within the first week (we have frequent bumps and learning plateaus).  I've decided to try THE NOTEBOOK (in caps because the thing is a monster).  I thought today would be a good time to start filling it, so I've spent a good portion of the day copying Core Knowledge worksheets.  For now I think I'll leave bound workbooks...well...bound.  I think.  We'll see what works.

No comments:

Post a Comment