Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yay! and Boo!

Yay! (or however you spell it)
Today I taught my 9yo to borrow from the tens' place and it went much better than I had hoped for.  Does she understand what she was doing? I have no idea.  I used coins (dimes and pennies) to demonstrate the first few problems.  She quickly picked up the procedure but we'll have to wait to see if she actually understands what she is doing.

And now for the Boo!
I can't buy anymore homeschool books for a long while.  Sigh. 
Here's the story.  I bought some books from the Core Knowledge Foundation and immediately felt guilty ($$). I didn't really need them.  I wanted them.  This led to looking into the state of our finances.  I have had my head in the sand for a long time.  It was a shock to see how much we overspent in the past year.  We haven't been living within our means.  It made me ill because I knew that part of this is my tendency to justify purchases.
When Wednesday's package arrives it will be the last big hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment