Saturday, March 23, 2013

Math

I'll be honest.  I hate spending an hour (usually MORE) on math every day.  Yes, she needs math every day, but an hour+?  There has to be a more efficient way to tackle this subject.
  • First, I plan to stick with Rod & Staff Math while keeping my eyes open for another curriculum that is hopefully more efficient.
  • Preview each lesson and see if we can cut back on the number of problems.
  • Focus on instant recall of the multiplication facts.  This could really speed up the lessons!
  • Flashcards!  Use flashcards to keep skills and facts fresh.
Since we started our homeschool journey I have been happy to have daily math lessons laid out for me.  I never questioned it.  I do believe that skills need to be constantly reviewed but I am beginning to question the necessity of long daily math lessons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment