Friday, August 30, 2013

Great first week!

I am happy!  Sitting here on a Friday night with a smile on my face because we had a productive week.  It went much better than I anticipated.

Yep, there was some battitude the first couple of days, but 11yo gave up when she realized that I was going to persevere.  She still pulled the "I'm so tired!" excuse and I understand that she IS tired.  She's been getting out of bed at 7 a.m. when she is used to 9 a.m.  However, just because you are tired doesn't mean you can slur your speech to the point that your mom can't understand what you're saying.

My goal this year is to have set subjects in the morning:
  • math 
  • spelling 
  • English grammar
  • Latin
  • composition
...and to loop content subjects (ex: history, science, art) in the afternoons.  This week we tried the morning schedule and it worked!  And, we were actually able to fit in a few history and science lessons even with several "end of summer" parties this week.

Dang!  I am so excited for this year.  I might actually get to DO something besides live in my van while chauffeuring kids around.

No comments:

Post a Comment