Saturday, October 12, 2013

Jury Duty?

I'm here to tell you that nit picking (head lice) takes a lot of time.  It has upped my stress level as I've tried to continue school, wash extra loads of laundry, and keep appointments.  Seriously, picking nits and juggling appointments has been the biggest headache.  Half of the family is gone during the day and we have struggled to get everyone's hair combed in the afternoon before they need to leave to go somewhere in the evening, etc.

We are coming to the end of our marathon combing sessions and I was hoping that we would have more time for school.  I guess not.  I've been summoned for jury duty.  I'm not expecting more than 1-5 days.  We aren't going to fall behind in that amount of time.  My fear?  We will lose momentum.  I am naturally a procrastinator and I fear this little break will turn into a long break.  It has happened in the past.  We have a great start to the school year and then I gradually slow down with the return of overcast fall weather.  Next thing you know it is Thanksgiving and we haven't done school for weeks.

Fear is a funny thing.  As a child I was afraid of the bogeyman.  Now? I am afraid of myself.   I'm afraid of my character flaw - procrastination.

No comments:

Post a Comment