Friday, December 23, 2011

Nancy Larson Science

Woo Hoo!  I am SO excited.  I just received my Nancy Larson Science 1 kit via FedEx.  The box was packed with amazing goodies (butterfly garden kit, ladybug land kit, x-rays, insect cards, field guides for kids...everything you need for 71 scripted science lessons.)

I used Saxon Math K-3 with my now 16yo and from what I can remember this seems to use the same format.  I will admit that I did not continue to use Saxon Math with my younger children due to the fact that I was overwhelmed with life at the time, but my 16yo has fond memories of her math lessons.  I think Nancy Larson's Science will be an even bigger hit with my 9yo.

Wait?  Did I say 9yo?  Yes I did  : )  Their website states, "Nancy Larson Science 1 is recommended for ages 5-8 and is appropriate for older children with limited science experience."  We definitely qualify since 9yo has had very little formal science instruction.  I am choosing to start her with Science 1 to make sure she has a good foundation to build upon.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to having fun with my daughter.  That is what happens to older mothers.  They realize that being uptight didn't get them anywhere with their older children, so they might as well have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment