Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This is work!

I am putting together a loop schedule for 13yo and realizing that trying to individualize education is work.  No wonder I like textbooks.  You open up the textbook and start where you left off.  I like that.  It makes planning easy.  Now I'm trying to plan around what I perceive as her gaps.  Instead of "doing the next thing" I am thinking about what she needs.  This kind of planning takes more effort.

The loop:
  1. French
  2. History/Geography
  3. Core Knowledge
  4. English
  5. Art/Music
  6. Christian Studies
  7. Latin
  8. Writing
  9. Science
Daily:
  • Math lesson 
  • Latin vocabulary
  • Memorization
  • Handwriting
  • Spelling
  • Typing Instructor
  • R&S Upper-grade review flash cards
  • French flash cards

No comments:

Post a Comment