Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 23-29

We added Wednesday afternoon gymnastics for 14yo this week.  It was kind of crazy.  I had to have supper cooked by 3:30pm.  No easy feat for me when it comes to my procrastinating disorganized self.

Friday we took the day off from school to go camping at the coast.  Let me say that I don't care much for camping or the coast.  Just being honest.  Camping means being cold and smelling like campfire smoke.  And camping at the coast adds in wet, foggy, and windy.  BUT, this time was different.  It has been very dry here and it was SUNNY!

We camped at Nehalem Beach.  We witnessed elk grazing on the dunes.  My husband used a magnet to pick up iron ore out of the sand.  10yo decided to body surf the dunes bringing home lots of sand in her clothes.  The second beach, Indian Beach, we visited was more typical of the rocky Pacific Northwest coastline.  The actual beach was small and surrounded by rocky cliffs.  17yo enjoyed rock collecting.  14yo was able to find an intact sand dollar and a few jellyfish.  10yo enjoyed dancing in the waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment