Thursday, November 14, 2013

Science



I love Rod & Staff science textbooks for grades 3-6.  Why?  Mainly because they get done.   I know hands-on science would be better but something is better than nothing.  Also, there is a reverence for God as the creator without religion being shoved in your face. 

So, why did I buy Science in the Beginning if I love R&S so much?  Back when I read through R&S with one of my other students, I found that the love affair ended after grade 6.  I don't know what it was about the grade 7 book but it just didn't click.  I wasn't able to find another science textbook that would work as a bridge between elementary school and high school textbooks.  I am hoping Science in the Beginning can fill the gap and help me to be more hands-on with science.  

At the moment we are doing an Earth Science unit (mountains, earthquakes, waterfalls, oceans, storms, weather patterns, and atmosphere) in R&S 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment