Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What if there were no deadlines?

We are attempting too many subjects/books.  Our days have been long because of it, but how do we cut back when  I chose all of these resources?  I want to do them all but there isn't enough time in the day.  There have been a couple of times this week when we started school at 9am and still found ourselves plodding through "one more thing" at 5pm.

Note: I am like a private tutor.  I sit by 11yo and guide her through her lessons.  I don't hand her workbooks and send her off to work independently (I wish!).  It is time consuming but this is what she needs at this time.

Every night I sit down with my notebooks and try to figure out a different way to do school, but every day I invariably get sucked into "list checker" mode again.  Last night I wrote, "What if there were no deadlines?"  It felt like a light bulb moment.  Did it change today? No.  I still spent the day trying to see how much we could cross off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment