Sunday, February 5, 2012

I've blogged about flash cards before: "How We Do Flashcards"

Today I am adding to our Rod & Staff Math 7 flash cards.  It's tedious.  They aren't very neat.  However, I have found that my 13yo does better when she has the constant review.  Here is an example:

Rules of divisibility:
2 - ends with 0,2,4,6,8
3 - add the digits, divisible by 3?
4 - last two digits 00 or even, divisible by 4?
5 - ends with 0 or 5
6 - even? yes, add digits, divisible by 3?
9 - add the digits, divisible by 9?
10 - ends with 0

So far I have flash cards for things like: place value, rounding, how to read and write Roman Numerals, estimation, mental multiplication and division shortcuts, casting out nines, how to find an average, etc.  I have many more chapters to go, but I know it will be worth it in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment