Sunday, February 12, 2012

Using what's already on the shelf

Due to having my head stuck in the sand, I recently realized that there isn't any money for new homeschool books.   We have plenty of books here it's just that I can't buy the new ones I want to currently use.  I've spent the morning trying to figure out how to make use of what we already own.  It has left my brain feeling "blenderized."   I finally had to ask myself what my basic goals are. 

Goals:
  • Be able to write.
  • Strong foundation in reading and math
  • Core Knowledge
  • Basic foundation in Latin (wishful thinking!)
Since they know how to read, it boils down to math and writing plus whatever else I can get to stick in their brains.  Not very exciting but that's the way it has to be at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment