Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Combining R&S English 4/5

My 13yo has a hard time wrapping her head around grammar (just like her mom).  We have started/stopped/started it many times.  My latest "stab" at it has been to combine two levels of Rod & Staff English.  We do a lesson in level four and then a corresponding lesson in level five.  It isn't a perfect system, but it seems to help when we cover the same concept at a easier level before jumping into the level five textbook.  This can be a planning headache as the books don't match up exactly.  Yesterday I matched up lessons for the two books along with their workbook pages and it took me hours (weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth).  I'm glad it is done, as it will make using two textbooks easier in the long run.

(I took down the document because of possible copyright infringement)

No comments:

Post a Comment