Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two Down, Two to Go

Our high school age child attends an early morning (6:30am) religion class which follows the public school calendar.  Tomorrow she will finish her second year.  Two years down, two more to go.  Goodbye 5:30am wake up time.  I'll see you in September. : )

This child has been the hardest to nail down with academics.  I'm a procrastinator. She's passive aggressive.  We've spent the past three years battling her depression, anxiety, and sleep problems .  Lots of issues have combined to make it easy to put academics on the back burner.  Major guilt!  Thankfully we've had one thing going for us ... early morning seminary.


As good as that has been for us both, I feel like she needs something more on her records than attending four years of religion class and earning a 99 in cooking and fire making on Runescape (I love Runescape too : ).  I wanted something she could use.  As I was perusing the Rod & Staff Publishers catalog, I spied their recordkeeping course again.  Being a practical person (or so I think I am), I decided that this would benefit her as she becomes an adult and will hopefully give her a few job skills.  She has now finished her first week of the three part course (personal recordkeeping, business recordkeeping, and business accounting).  She has studied diligently which I so appreciate.

1 comment:

  1. Did you already tell me you had another blog, or was I not supposed to know?

    You know as I was packing in the last two days before we left I came across a scrap of paper. It was all the notes I had taken while Grandma was lecturing me about living at her house. Every other item was some variation on "Don't wear out your welcome" and "don't bother your mom" and "don't tire out the girls." In other words I completely failed to live up to my agreement and totally kiboshed your homeschool for an entire two months. :< Oh well, as Mr. Bennett says in P&P, "I'm not afraid of being overwhelmed by the impression. Don't worry, I'll get over it soon enough. And no doubt more quickly than I should."

    ReplyDelete