Thursday, June 16, 2011

Defeat

Summer isn't officially here and I am admitting defeat already.  Wah!  I don't want to do school.  Wanting to be outdoors in the sunshine is not my problem.  I simply don't want to do school every day all summer long.  I don't want my days to be one check-list after another and that is basically what it is feeling like right now.  

But, but, but....my youngest two need the consistency of daily review or by autumn it will seem like we are reinventing the wheel.  

Suck it up!  Put on your big girl panties.  You can do this!

Deep breath.  How am I going to survive the summer without feeling like a martyr?  15yo - Recordkeeping.  13yo - drop History and Science?  Stick with the three basics of arithmetic, Latin, and writing.  9yo - daily math, reading, and maybe her grammar book done during several short periods during the day.

I think I might survive...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment