Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rod & Staff English 2

 
My youngest is nine years old.  My guess is she is academically 2-3 years behind other children who are finishing 3rd grade.  When I compare her to children her age I feel discouraged.  You may have heard the saying "comparison is the death of contentment."  But, when I think about how much she has improved over the past few years, I'm motivated to keep pressing forward.

It is the desire to help her move forward that convinced me to try Rod and Staff's Grade 2 English textbook with her.  This kiddo is not gifted in language, so I approached the first lesson with fear and trepidation.  What was I going to do if she couldn't grasp the difference between a phrase and a sentence?  She did well.  Phew!

Of course, that was only the first lesson.  The real test will be if we last another three months. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment