Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Say-It-Again Series

My 9yo is a struggling reader.  She is at that stage where she can read a wee bit but not enough to take on your average book.  While looking through the Rod & Staff catalog I came across a series of books that I thought might be on her level.  I decided to take a chance and order them even though I had never actually looked through them.  Our Rod & Staff order came today and I am so pleased.  These are exactly right for her.  I had to help her with a few words, but she was able to read most of it without help. 

Say-It-Again Series
These storybooks have short sentences and much repetition. Large, easy-to-read type and simple, basic words help children to grasp the facts and to begin reading for themselves. These make interesting storybooks for any young child. Many large illustrations. (from the Rod and Staff Books website)

No comments:

Post a Comment